Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Where can I get a rooftop TV antenna, installed, on a budget?

wrote:

The bunny ears are not going to cut it come Feb. 2009.

If they are working fine now, they may still work if they can watch UHF
(18-69).

Many stations will be reverting back to VHF in February. Many will be
on UHF. So ordinary "rabbit-ears" won't cut it. Those that paid $$$ for
a UHF only rooftop antenna installation will be upset.

If you're listening Michael, or anyone else who's interested in an Off-
the-Air HD changeover (sure beats da moneysucking cable or dish).

I live in San Bernardino, a good 50 mi west of LA and a good 40 mi SE of Mt
Wilson, but I get 52 HD channels! Many are Spanish language, but I get all
of the major Networks, PBS, oldies and cartoons, and in beautiful HD on my
old Sony TV via the new HD converter box (RCA) I got at Walmart for
$60-$40coupon!

Hint: You're getting NO HD channels with your converter box. You're getting
analog conversions of digital channels. They AREN'T called *HD* converter
boxes, they're called *DIGITAL* converter boxes. They CAN'T put out a digital
signal, hence they can't put out a HD signal. You are receiving a stations
digital signal, be it HD or SD, and watching an analog conversion. You are
NOT watching "in beautiful HD."

Sigh...