Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Concealed lavatory cistern - maintenance

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:01:50 +0100, "Ian_m"
wrote:

I have a MacDee (?) concealed cistern under a bathroom workstop, easy peasy
to get to fiddle with.

1. Remove panel above loo (easier said than done).
2. Turn off water to cistern.
3. Flush to remove water.

What if the fault's in the flushing system so that you can't empty it?

I am not going to photograph that as well! But I think that I could
disconnect the water supply and the flush pipe easily. Then just lift
the whole cistern out. Memory (which tends to be rather fallible) says
that the cistern sort of 'hangs' on a couple of clips and that would
make it easy to remove in this way.

--
Rod

onset.