Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rain Detector

In article ,
Osprey writes:
I made the same one ... I even still have that issue of the magazine !

So do I, in that I've never thrown any of them away since 1972.
I have most of the Everyday Electronics up until it stopped,
and then a complete set of Elektor for some years following.
Also much less complete sets of Practical Electronics,
Practical Wireless, and ETI, when they contained something
which grabbed my attention. I haven't routinely bought any for
last 10 years or so now though, but I do regularly design and
build my own electronic projects.

The problem will be long term stability with veroboard in open air ...

The only one I could find on MAPLIN was the Velleman MK108 kit ...
http://www.velleman.be/ot/en/product/view/?id=338493

I recall seeing a built potted module some time back (don't think
it was Velleman). It was quite low power suitable for battery
operation, but had a separate connection for the drying heater,
which made it non-battery suitable if you wanted to use the heater.

--
Andrew Gabriel