Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Use Urethane Polymer (FloMix) on a Slopping Driveway?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
I want to know if I can use urethane polymer (such as FloMix) to
repair cracks in an asphalt driveway that is not on a level group.

I have many cracks at the bottom of an asphalt driveway where the
driveway meets the roadway. I have tried using those crack filling
material in a bottle or in a tube. None works well. I put them in
early fall, and then I would see cracks re-developing in the following
year. I need a better material to fix the cracks.

I see that there is a different product called urethane polymer that
is supposed to last very long and is pourable. This is good. But
when I watch the instruction video on that product in YouTube, I find
that the product seems to be very watery -- like leveling compound. I
am wondering how I can use it on a surface that is not very level --
like where my driveway meets the roadway -- I think there is a 20-
degree slope on that part of the driveway. Is it going to flow away
from my driveway into the roadway? According to the manufacturer FAQ,
the material is too flowable and won't hold shape for building up a
speed bump. But they didn't mention anything about not being able to
be poured onto a ramp. I would like to know if other people may have
used this product and what their experience are regarding applying it
in a ramp.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Jay Chan

With no experience with this product, Jay, I'll give my 'expert' opinion!
It's probably runny so that it can permeate to the bottom of the cracks
rather than bridge them. As for application, I would us the traditional
squeegee and quickly move small amounts around rather than the pour-and-pray
method. You will probably get better economy from a bucket of the filler.
Where did you manage to locate this stuff? It sounds like what I need.

Chuck