Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Pub mains supply problem?

N Cook wrote:
According to Regulation 27 of ESQC Regs 2002, UK mains should be
230V +10% - 6%, which gives a range of 216V to 253V.

I variaced up to 250V , switching on and off a few times, giving HT1 of 464
, nicely stable with amp under load.

A thorough inspection of all components only revealed slightly loose nuts
holding the iron laminations on the filter choke, which I cannot see as a
problem. Otherwise inside and out it looks brand new, only some of the large
binding post (lead-free of course everywhere ) solder joints looked grey but
otherwise sound.

Whats the teams opinion of adding 300mA axial (so quickblow) fuses in each
of the two EL34 anode supplies as well as the 500mA (T) regular fuse ?

Why?

Ron(UK)