Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27629 Ignoramus27629 is offline

Default Sticking Stainless to granite/stone

On 2008-09-03, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 21:17:38 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus2176 quickly quoth:

On 2008-09-03, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
I agree, what are the specs on hot or sun heated slabs of glass like surfaces ?

Will it drip or sag ?

Martin, spend $10 and play with 5200, you will be truly amazed. No, it
does not sag. Yes, it is very hard to wash off the hands. (takes days
to go away).

I wonder if one of the barrier creams would protect it from sticking
to the hands.

Gloves are known to help also.

I have a spray foam lotion which I might test the next
time I get into gluey situations.

I'm sold on the similar goo from Eclectic Products: Shoe Goo, Goop
Plumbing, and Goop Household, which I often find for $1-3 a tube.
But I'm really chea^H^H^H^Hfrugal.

I do not think that they are the same.

http://www3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/...er/output_html

Ah, handy brochure! I snagged a reference copy.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/