Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Tocord

"flipper the fearless fool "

Then why didn't you answer his question "How could a toaster work if
its line cord has hundreds of ohms of impedance?"

** Cos it was a stupid & irrelevant bait.

No, what's "stupid" is you can't explain why zip cord works perfectly
fine for toasters (and speakers) even though your audiophool cable
folks claim it has well over 400 ohms 'characteristic impedance' at
50/60Hz.

** There was simply nothing to explain.

Sure there is: "Why does it work?"

** Absolutely no reason exists why it should not.

You are still one very confused puppy.

Prove it.

** You have done it for me here already.

And YOU do not ever get to be the judge of when you are wrong.

http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/TransLines-LowFreq.pdf

** Yaawnnnnnn - says nothing about speaker lines at all.

It does for those sending "audio frequencies" to them.

** Yawwnnnnnnnn.

Only the biggest TROLLS post dumb links and claim the proof is in there
somewhere..... .

When it clearly ain't.

Feel free to post your 'proof' that 15 feet of zip cord acts as a
'transmission line' at audio frequencies.

** Not my claim to prove.

It is when you claim there are transmission line effects in speaker
cables.

** Still the case that I never any need to prove what I did not say.

And there definitely ARE transmission line effects going on in speaker
cables and audio signal cables.

But 15 feet of cable with a Zo of 8 ohms will behave differently with some
speakers compared to 15 feet of figure 8 twin cable.

No one said cable A would 'behave the same' as cable B. I said "At
audio frequencies transmission line effects don't begin until you
reach one or two thousand feet..." and, because of that, "it doesn't
make a whit of difference what their cable's 'characteristic
impedance' is."

** Plain wrong.

What you have not defined is what is a " transmission line effect ".

Go on - bet you cannot list them.

Same mistake is made by many others, especially ham radio ******s like the
fool who wrote your dumb link.

An you swallowed it WHOLE.