Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Garage, Concrete Slab Floor/Wall; Gap...

On Sep 2, 4:12*pm, waves2ya wrote:
Hi.

I've an unheated garage many years old. *One side the concrete floor
meets the wall (wood beams) just fine; but on the other side a gap of
about an inch or two can be seen along a length of at least 20 feet.
Critters see it too and worm their way into the shelter...

First - is this gap indicative of a greater problem in the garage (the
wall is solid and straight) and secondly, how can I seal this gap...?
Add concrete...? *Patch with 'hardware cloth'...?

Thanks for ideas...

After all these years the settling has probably stabilized, so filling
the gap with mortar mix as needed ought to work just fine. Check some
of the books on masonry work for good ideas to stuff the mortar into
the gap. HTH

Joe