Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default did I break my friend's lawn mower ?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sep 2, 3:52 pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:38:20 -0500, dpb wrote:
Oren wrote:
Reading this law/nutshell makes my head hurt. Like learning Japanese
Arithmetic. A man's "word" and hand shake ought to be enough to fix
the mower.
Fortunately FWIW to your head, the bailment law isn't applicable as the
temporary loan of personal property doesn't even constitute a
"gratuitous bailment" what more the more onerous "constructive bailment"
claimed...

I don't know all those big words, but I agree :-))

It gets into resonable and prudent. What would an ordinary person
conclude? The common sense type person.

It gets into resonable and prudent. What would an ordinary person
conclude?

I conclude that I'm not gonna lend my lawnmower to either of those
guys.

Screw what the law books say. Guy law says that if you borrow a tool and
it craps out, even if it wasn't entirely your fault, you go the extra
mile to make sure the owner is made whole. If I borrowed a friend's
mower, and it came out of the car in non-running condition, I'd offer to
pay for repairs. Even if he did something that made it worse out of
cluelessness.

--
aem sends...