Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Trying to find KWH of fans?

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:55:33 -0400, "Colbyt"
A few tips to help you lower the bill in order of importance:

When was the last time you changed the AC filters?
Or cleaned the coils if you were lazy in the past?
Or had the system checked by an HVAC pro?
Elec hot water? wash the clothes in cold water!
Clean lint filter on the elec clothes dryer?
Air dry dishwasher loads?
When was the last you cleaned the coils and fan on your Fridge or freezer?

The HVAC man never cleans hardly anything saying it's 'pretty good'
right now...

Also never clean the that fridge coils deals either.

I got some work to do now...and an HVAC company to fire.

I would not over react on the HVAC guy just yet. My statement was if you
have not been dedicated in the filter department you might need to clean the
AC coils.

I should make you aware of the fact that an AC system that is not properly
charge can cost up to 20% more to operate. There is also the SEER rating of
the equipment to consider. The older or lower rated unit can use up to 100%
more power to cool the same space. The same is true for older fridges.

I am using 2 10 Seer units to cool about 2600 square foot 2 story. Last
bill: 29 days, average temp 75 degrees I used 83.2 KWH. Based on
"non-cooling months" I paid about 120.00 or $3.00 per day to cool
(0.07354 per KWH with all the garbage fees included).

Colbyt