Posted to alt.home.repair
Mac Cool Mac Cool is offline

Default I want to switch from propane heat to a heat pump, any concerns?

Ralph Mowery:

What part of NC ? I live near Charlotte and probably don't spend
that much on all the electricity I use. I have installed a Trane 2.5
ton heat pump about 2 years ago with a 14 sear rating.
While it is just the two of us now, we keep the house at 75 in the
summer and 70 in the winter all night and day.

Not sure of the sqft of the house , but it has 2 bedrooms downstairs
and 2 smaller ones with a full bath upstairs, We do keep the
upstairs bed room doors closed as they are not really being used now.
Also a basement for what it's worth.

YOu do need to be sure the insulation of the house is up to stuff and
there are no air leaks in the walls.

Raleigh.

We have been gradually improving the insulation and leakiness of the
house. Its a 40 year old house, built like a fortress but there was
practically no insulation when we moved in.