Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Future vice presidential family is growing very fast

On 2008-09-02, Jon Danniken wrote:
Look, everyone might make a little OT comment now and again, but I

posted
the original reply after Iggy decided to start a number seperate

political
threads, all on the same ****ing topic (McCain's VP) and all on the same
****ing day . That's just being selfish, and does nothing but

discourage
otherwise useful posters from bothering to contribute here.

I like to be bad once in a while, but generally try to post more about
metal than non-metal. Say, what do you think is the "real" resolution
of a mill with a glass scale DRO?

I doubt he knows the answer to that any more than I do. But the thing is,
what's wrong with having other threads going besides metal related ones?
Can't people talk about more than one thing at a time on a newsgroup? I
don't post any metal related content because I don't know that much about
metalworking to contribute to people who know a lot more than me. But I do
read the metal related posts of others and have learned a lot from them. So
whether I'm learning something I didn't know about metal or about the antics
of the Palin family I don't see anything wrong with discussing both topics
at the same place. I don't know what's wrong with the guys who can't stand
anything but metal content except they have to be a bunch of babies. After
all, if you don't want to discuss anything besides metal content nobody is
forcing them to.

Hawke