Posted to alt.home.repair
Twice Retired Twice Retired is offline

Default Low water pressure

"Phil Again" wrote in message
m...
{Snip}

....... Inside, I
installed a check valve, then a pressure pump and storage tank. The
set-up is quite similar to that for a well. I have a switch in the
master bathroom closet which controls the pump.
....... The pump,
tank, and check valve were purchased at Lowe's and installed by myself.
I recently replaced the tank as the original, installed 14 years ago,
sprung a leak.

May I ask the size of the tank you recently installed?

You setup sounds practical. Others have commented on the practical
aspect of six shower heads being used by the original OP's question on
water volume flow.

Maybe a plumber out there can answer my question: what size of pipe would
be needed to supply 6 shower heads with the water volume flow rate at
nominal water pressure? 1 inch or 1-1/2 inch water pipe from the booster
pump to the bathroom?

The original tank was 120 gallon and the replacement is a Flotec 82 gallon.
With 6 shower heads you probably would need a larger tank in order to
maintain pressure. Flotec tanks are available in sizes of 82, 120, 220,and
320 gallon. There are other manufacturers with various sizes available.