Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

On Sep 1, 4:42*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bob Mannix" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

Is it universally accepted that to know all three of the above from
memory makes one a sad old git? I only ask...

I suspect you're right. Spouse knows them all AND of course his
mother's Co-op number and his passport number and even my NH and NI
numbers.
Me? I even have to have a chip'n'sig card because I can't remember any
numbers I've been given since May 1993.

Easy. Use memory hooks. *Each number is represented by an object, commonly 1
gun, 2 shoe, 3 tree, 4 door, 5 hive, 6 sticks (hockey), 7 heaven (angel), 8
gate, 9 wine but you can use what you like.

So if you want to remember 2341 it becomes shoe, tree, door, gun. You
visualise a shoe stuck up a tree which has a door in the trunk and you shoot
the door open with your gun. *

So I shoot the door open with the gun to climb up inside the trunk to
get the shoe. That's 4132. Right.

How many goes at guessing the PIN do you get before the card is
rejected?

MBQ