Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Shower wall fell down

Joel wrote in news:48aad57b-d53d-4b2e-94ea-15187d4ba887
@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

My daughter was taking a shower and part of the tile wall fell down.
Underneath there is drywall and it is wet and rotted. The studs are
also rotted.
I plan to rip it all out replace the rotted studs, cover with moisture
barrier, cement board and retile.
Is there a good description / tutorial on replacing studs? I wonder
why builders are allowed to construct bathrooms like this, you would
think it should be against the building code.

Thanks

You are missing a step in your situation.

1) You had tile, drywall, studs wet and rotted.
2) ????
3) Replace the rotted studs, cover with moisture barrier, cement board
and retile.

How about:

2) It was caused by.....

If you don't know #2 as to why, your number 3 will become number 1.

Hey, there's a pun there...#2...****...you don't know **** as to why