Posted to alt.home.repair
phil scott phil scott is offline

Default I want to switch from propane heat to a heat pump, any concerns?

On Sep 1, 5:25*pm, dpb wrote:
phil scott wrote:

a ground source heat pump can keep a home within the 2nd tier usage
range...thats a significant savings...no matter how you slice it.
Or you can simply set your stat up to 78F or so on a hot day, with a
zoned system and save the same amount.

There are many options. * *One should be careful to note what each
leaves out of their evaluation criteria... no offense.

For the last time, I said _only_ "they're worth evaluating".

If your evaluation isn't the same as somebody else's, so be it.

They aren't the low-price spread so if initial installation cost is
primary evaluation factor they won't suit.

--

Daikin Kogyo was selling these wiz bang, load shifting multi room
motel ac systems... 3,000 dollars per

they just trash the bad units...they get about 7 years on em... thats
75 dollars a year.

now you can remote control em from the check in desk...
wireless...cost 100 bucks.

***

the next iteration is from Mitsibushi, 'the city system'...truly
wonderful... vast improvements in efficiency...really nice, except
that its a huge octopus of 50 zones... when you get a refrigerant leak
you have to tear up 50 different zones to find the leak !!....that
will do them in ..imo. I see it in grocery stores these days
also.... payback if you have no service calls (huge if) about 5
years... in 10 its junk.

Phil scott