Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Attaching back support cushion to office chair

tenplay wrote:
I realize that this isn't exactly home repair but I'll try posting it
anyway. My mother has a foam back support covered with denim, that she
wants me to attach permanently onto her office chair. Double-sided tape
is not strong enough. Don't want to drill any holes through the foam.
Any ideas?

Get some 2-part velcro tape and baste half onto each piece, with a
curved needle and carpet thread. (I presume the office chair is
cloth-covered?) Position the tape so the back support can be moved up
and down a skosh. If done carefully, this procedure is reversible, so
when your mother breaks down and gets a back-support chair, you can sell
this one in the garage sale.

--
aem sends...