Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default OT-Date line Las Vegas 2:07 AM

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:20:00 -0700, "azotic" wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 03:29:42 -0700, "azotic" wrote:

Fortunetally i didnt have to fire my weapon tonight and i hope i
never half to.

Indeed! Still, it's prudent to regard the emergency number as long
distance. Dial 1911....

Yep, the police response time was about 20 minutes.

Best Regards
Tom.

Wow. The little town (30,000) in Texas I moved from had about 1 min.
response time the one time I called. Those guys didn't have much to
do or far to go I guess. Some kids crashed after losing control while
racing about 2:30 in the morning. They were lucky, just clobbered the
suspension on a Z-car going across the curb sideways, travelled about
40 yds. and came to rest against a huge live oak. I figured they were
probably mangled, but they hadn't really walloped the tree. Only a
sprained ankle.

The one other time I called was because somebody was in my fenced back
yard with a flashlight. I dialed with one hand while holding my
Python in the other. Turns out one of the kids had left a gate open,
and it was one of the same officers making sure everything was o.k.
The person answering the 911 call said he asked if I'd meet him
outside. He was a little nervous about poking around, as he had a
right to be. I parked the revolver before I stepped outside. We
talked, he showed me the gate, and I thanked him for his vigilance. I
liked that town.

Pete Keillor