Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Low water pressure

mark wrote:
Greetings All,
I have a new bathroom on the 2nd floor, and the shower has a low
pressure problem. The sink and toilet are ok, but obviously they use
much less water than the shower. I have city water using a 1 1/2"
main line and the vertical risers are 1". Although the shower has
many fixtures, (6 body sprays, 1 rainhead, 1 fixed head and 1
handheld), it seems as if the pressure needs to be higher. I realize
it's impractical (and overkill) to use all of those heads at the same
time, but when using just the 6 body sprays alone, the flow isn't
what it should be. The mixing valve is rated high enough to run them
all at the same time. The first floor shower has a 3 body spray set
up, along with 2 fixed heads and the flow there is fine. I have
disassembled the heads to make sure they aren't clogged and
everything checks out ok.
All of that being said, I'm thinking about installing a water pressure
booster pump. I would think just a pump alone wouldn't be enough,
isn't some sort of reservoir needed also? It seems as if the pump
would pull the water faster than the city main could supply it. Has
anyone gone through the same situation? Thanks as always, Mark

Shame! The national goal is to use LESS water and here you are with body
sprays, hand-held, mist generators, and babbling brook imitators!

What will people say? Think of the poor children in Africa with no water at
all!