Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Blass Robert Blass is offline

Default Trying to find KWH of fans?

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:38:11 -0700 (PDT), terry
sayd the following:

On Aug 31, 9:08*pm, Robert Blass wrote:
Model 3733 20" Box Fan made by company called LASKO

It has 3 settings, high, medium and low, I cannot determine the
Wattage it pulls on the Low setting.

I found a website which says 170 watts but it doesn't break it down
for low medium high settings.

Thanks if you can help.

If it uses 170 watts on high (that's a bit less than a quarter HP) and
your electrcity costs you cents per kWhr. then it will cost about 41
cents per 24 hrs?
If it uses only half the power on 'low' setting, although it may use
less that that, it'll be about 20 cents per continuous 24 hour day.
Not a very significant cost?
Hardly worth going out and spending money on a $20 gadget, that may
not be very accurate at that, to measure how much the fan uses.
Let's see $20/20 cents= operating that fan for 100 days for same cost
as the measuring gadget!

Yeah I was needing the slow vs high wattage to see the kwh expense was
all, thanks for your answer.