Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Discussion of qualifications

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:29:52 -0500, krw wrote:

I paid close to the maximum into SS throughout my working life. I DID
earn it. I'll have to live past 90 to get back what I and my employers
paid in. And for much of the time I was self-employed and paid both
halves.

Except for one year (last year) I've paid the maximum too. However,
you're not getting *anything* "back", except off the backs of those
currently working.

If I put money in the bank, the money I take out in the future isn't the
same money. I still put money in and got money back. Your argument is
ridiculous.

Only a financial fool would believe such. Ever hear of compound
interest? It isn't taking money away from others, rather wealth
that has been created.

And I still pay close to $300 a month for Medicare and a supplement policy
and I still don't have dental coverage or decent drug coverage.

...and you want the federal government to nationalize the entire
health care industry. Amazing.

My wife is not yet eligible for Medicare. Her insurance costs over twice
what I pay and has a high deductible. I complained that Medicare wasn't
as good as the health care plans in other nations. I certainly didn't
mean that it was worse than the "health care industry" and their predatory
pricing.

That's just rich.

Sometimes I have trouble believing that posts like yours are sincere. Do
you really believe the party line you (and others) are spouting, or do you
just like to stir the pot and watch the bubbles?

Are you a communist?

In either case, I broke my resolution not to get involved in one of these
silly back and forth arguments again. My mistake.

You really should try sitting on your hands if you can't control
yourself. If you don't want a discussion, don't start one.

--
Keith