Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Loctite discovery

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 00:29:29 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

With my car up on ramps, installing a new trailer hitch from underneath, I
made an interesting discovery today. I don't work upside-down much anymore
and I get things a little backwards; I squeezed a tube of Loctite 242 onto
my favorite baseball cap and into my mouth.

Brilliant! Once or more than once, sir?

There were two discoveries, actually. First, Loctite washes out of your hat
with soap and water, if you get it quickly. Secondly, it's as sweet as sugar
water. In fact, it tastes a lot like Prestone Antifreeze.

We won't ask.

'Just thought you'd want to know, in case you ever wondered about it. If
anyone gets to taste gasket cement, please let us know what the flavor of
that's like, too. d8-)

I had a spider drop on my mustache once (going to UTI in '72 and
wrenching at a used car lot for extra dough parttime), as I fit an oil
pan up onto the block. I quickly brushed it off and, of course, there
was some silicone gasket sealer on my fingers at the time. It had no
taste (just that horrible acetic acid smell and the bright blue color)
and I had to trim the hell out of my mustache later that day, despite
wiping it off immediately and thoroughly.

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can