Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Foundation Repair - Interior?

On Aug 31, 9:48*pm, "Joe B." wrote:
We purchased a home about *a year and a half ago that had previous
foundation issues. *The previous owner had paid for foundation repair on two
prior occassions spending over $12,000. *I had assumed that this house would
be better than new since the home now has 24 piers to keep the home from
shifting. *After living here for a while, we have began having cracks
appearing in the walls and ceilings on one side of the house. *Most of these
cracks are very small but annoyingly noticeable (less than 1/16" wide). *At
what point shall we assume that we have a problem vs normal settling? *Is
there any way to cover these many cracks that will hold for a while?
Thanks.

Joe

Im in several near 100 year old houses, NO settling, your issue needs
and enginer to prove your case of your bad ground