Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Discussion of qualifications

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:39:30 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Oh no, this is absolutely the issue. Up to the time of conception, a
woman is perfectly free to do with her body as she chooses. After
conception, there is another living being, the utmost definition of
innocence and vulnerability that must be considered.

That's your opinion. Mine is that a fetus is not a human being until
it can survive outside the womb. Until then, it is a potential human
being. That does not make abortion a process to undergo lightly, but it
should be the woman's right to make that decision.

So you believe that "late-term" abortions should be illegal. Indeed
any past, say, 5 months gestation should be illegal. I'm *sure*
you're against Obama's infanticide. Right?

It's funny that none of the "pro choice" crowd want to force people to
have abortions, but the "pro-life" crowd seems to think they have the
right to force their beliefs on others.

Silly argument. False, and silly to boot.

You must not have read/heard the news lately. The population is projected
to increase from 300 million to 400 million in about 30 years, mostly
driven by immigration and the immigrants large families. Sounds like a
lot of "younger generation" to me.

If your issue here is the illegal immigration issue and the problems
regarding the failure to assimilate even legal immigrants into our society,
then we agree on something.

No, my issue is overpopulation. At present, it seems to be driven by
immigration, but that may just be a temporary condition. I've seen the
changes wrought over my lifetime resulting from a US population that has
more than doubled already and they aren't good.

Simple answer then. Stop emigration. Deport all non-citizens.
Right?

--
Keith