Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Discussion of qualifications

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:29:09 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You want a balanced budget? Privatize social security,
get rid of Medicare and return the Federal government to it's
Consitutionally mandated limits.

last I heard, SS was still taking in more money than its paying out. If
not, it'd be taken "off budget" as it has been in the past.

As far as Medicare, it's the least effective health care plan of all the
industrialized nations.

....and you want that for everyone? No thanks!

But at least it's a start. When we have a health
care system where nobody goes bankrupt from medical bills I'll be a lot
happier.

You'll be happy when we're all bankrupt, and nobody has health care.
That's what your asking for.

But that won't happen because the
mooching public wants what it has not earned, does not deserve,
cannot pay for, and will not work for.

I paid close to the maximum into SS throughout my working life. I DID
earn it. I'll have to live past 90 to get back what I and my employers
paid in. And for much of the time I was self-employed and paid both
halves.

Except for one year (last year) I've paid the maximum too. However,
you're not getting *anything* "back", except off the backs of those
currently working. If you were "allowed" to save that money, you'd
have some nice nest egg.

And I still pay close to $300 a month for Medicare and a supplement policy
and I still don't have dental coverage or decent drug coverage.

....and you want the federal government to nationalize the entire
health care industry. Amazing.

--
Keith