Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Any refrigeration experts out there?

ignator writes:

My point was that R. J. Kinch said "Brines or other fluid mediums
cannot work as well, because their temperatures rise as they absorb
heat"
And my response was that, the melting point of the brine or glycol
will result in a constant temperature until all of it is melted.

Listen: fluid mediums. They're not changing phase.

Ice directly against a cold plate works better than an ice/water bath. The
liquid water is merely adding thermal resistance to the heat transfer, not
sinking heat itself.