Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default What's your favorite thin-wall anchor?

"A Molly Anchor. You can Google as easily as I can."

I'm not a fan of the Molly "system." The torque needed to "set" them often
exceeds the friction against the drywall board.

The very simple plastic sleeve works much/most of the time.

My favorite is the plastic anchor that has wings that pop out when you seat
the anchor via a 1/4" (nominal) diameter hole. The screw causes the anchor
to clamp the wall board against the fixture you are installing.

If the wall board was been damaged from a prior installation of an anchor,
the toggle bolt systems almost always work.