Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjimpack@gmail.com is offline

Default Gas boiler

You might find it's not really worth it. Weil McLain steam boilers
are only in 80% efficiency. My 1984 or so is about the same . Would
take quite a while to pay off in savings. I will be waiting until my
boiler dies and cannot be repaired until I replace it

On Aug 31, 5:40*pm, ransley wrote:
On Aug 31, 4:00*pm, "Jim Mac" wrote:

My Burnham gas boiler is 30 years old. Does it make sense to replace it now
or wait til the thing craps out. I know the new boilers are more efficient
but not sure if it makes sense dollar wise to change it out. Thanks
Jim

You have to run your numbers on gas and cost, a new unit could save
15-17% on Ng