Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Green liquid from AC electrical plug

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:465aeed4-99d0-423a-bfb0-
:

On Aug 30, 3:32*pm, "WDS" wrote:
-- The AC plug on an older TV is beginning to leak a green liquid from
both
-- prongs. Does anyone know what this could be? Is there any cause for
alarm
-- that this may be the beginning stage of it shorting?

It can't be a short since you only have 2 prongs. If the hot wire were
shorted, it would leak black and if the neutral were shorted, it would
leak white.

A short will only leak green if there is a ground wire. Since you
don't have a ground wire at the plug, it can't be a short to ground.

OK, so what else would make it leak green?

You said it was an older TV. Is it a color TV or B&W?

If it's color, I'll bet the picture is looking a bit reddish these
days since you're losing green out the ass errr, I mean *back* - end.
My guess is that the heat sink for the picture tube has a leaky drain.
Currently, there is little that can be done in this situatio. I would
resist the urge to cap it. That will just a induce a backup.

If it's B&W, and you have a color TV that you watch more often, I'd
say it was green with envy and it's just showing it's true colors. You
better give it some quality time or it'll get so angry you'll be
seeing red. What a mess that will make.

Well if I have any TV questions I sure know who to ping on them. You
really know your ****, errrr. mean backsides.