Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default How to fix exterior buried coax cable?

"CraigT" wrote in message
. ..
First off, let me say that whoever installed this cable was an idiot.
Cable was buried maybe 2" down and snaked out away from the house 6 feet
then back then back 4 feet into a flower bed and toward my front porch
then back out again toward the array of utility boxes in the front yard.

You guessed it. When I was dividing some Daylilies today I cut it (not
that I knew until after my shower, when I wanted to watch some football).

All my experience is with interior cable.

I was going to leave the twist on connectors I've already installed on the
cable right where they are, and then put in a regular nickel plated
coupler, and then shrink wrap it. Is this good enough?

The only connectors approved by cable providers are the compression type,
and for good reason. Have someone with the proper tools and fittings make up
the splice, then use electrical splicing compound wrap around it with black
tape over that... and stop diggin in the flower bed, next you're gonna hit
the power line