Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ta-Da! a 6-month design bears fruit!

wrote in message
On Aug 30, 1:06 pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

anews.com...

Congratulations! The joy of making something finally work keeps me
going
more than the paycheck. Course, it IS nice to be able to pay all your
bills.

My "task of this year" has been noise reduction on the packing line.
One
more trouble area left. When I'm done, we should be able to talk
quietly
to each other while we work. Maybe don't seem like a big deal to most,
but
working in the noise all day just wears you down a bit more than
necessary.

Karl

All 12 of my wooden block brush machines used to have an impeller on the
drill quill spinning at 10k. We replaced all of them with external
evacuators that are dead quiet. We dropped the sound level 100db! Huge
difference!

Tom,

Clever!!!

That 20 degree angle is measured from the surface of the wire or from
the normal to the wire???

This might be overkill but have you ever looked at flat stock feeders
for punch presses? These are now all pneumatic and can be adjusted to
very accurate and repetitive feed lengths. Perhaps a review of same
may inspire a brain storm!

Congrats,

Wolfgang

Funny you say that, I contacted the blokes at Rapidair and sent them
samples. They do that sort of thing and are known in our industry for
feeding coil stock into strip brush machines. The engineers there pondered
my application for a week and then I got the call that after much coffee and
danish, they were going to bail. They didn't like the idea of feeding 3
wires at a time.