Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Ta-Da! a 6-month design bears fruit!

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:30:44 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman

SNIP

This is why you ALWAYS question people stuck in a "That's the way
we've always done it!" loop. Just because your grandfather figured
out one way to do something that works does NOT mean there aren't
several better ways to do it.

-- Bruce --

Hey Bruce,

But just as relevant is that just because you are young or new does
not automatically mean that the old and ancient ways are not correct
or viable.

Over the years I recall going through about 8 new young "managers"
right out of college or new to the business who thought many of our
old ways were outdated. I fought their lack of knowledge for the
first few times, and then relented when I realized they needed to find
out for themselves, and that trashing their spirits on day one wasn't
a good thing.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.