Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backyard "Platform"

On Sat 30 Aug 2008 10:31:15a, KLS told us...

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:32:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

Our relatively new yard is in transition and we currently have no patio
or deck. I would like to assemble something semi-permanent that would
be easy to do, as well as easy to disassemble when we upgrade to an
outdoor "room".

My idea was to use 2"x6"x12' pressure treated lumber laid flat at
intervals directly on the ground and anchor them to the soil with either
rebar or stakes to prevent movement. These boards would be leveled and
with a slight pitch for any water runoff. Then construct the platform
floor across these boards also using 2"x6"x12' pressure-treated boards,
attaching them with either galvanized or stainless steel screws.

What about using those DekBlock concrete piers? We used those for our
deck, and they worked great. You could do your wood frame floor very
easily on these, with 2x6 joists and 5/4 planks. Ours has held up
very well after 5 years in western New York and no doubt would do just
fine in Arizona.

A good idea to consider. I'll look into it. Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 08(VIII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Labor Day