Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default (semi OT?) Ikea

"Han" wrote in message
"Swingman" wrote in
:

wrote

The best thing about the whole thing to me was that I didn't have to
prep the strips and laminate them to make the tops. And at $60 for
the top, I couldn't buy the the material for that.

Same, same. Reminds of the $120 teak porch rockers from Sam's. I have
3 of them ... can't buy the wood for what I paid for them.

BTW .. great thread, a real treat when it happens that the
participants actually know how to use the language!

The OP, Mark, is quite a writer. His post was an enjoyable read, and
vivid enough in description to open your mind's eye and just 'see' his
family at Ikea licking away on that cone.

I am partial to the ginger cookies, whatever they are called. I can't get
them home, they're gone before I stop the car.

I don't know about those, but the double chocolate crisp cookies are
dangerous! They come three in a package and remind me of an old Paula
Poundstone bit, which I'll have to quote partially from memory:
"Ever want to have a pop tart as a snack, and open up the pack only to find
that there are two in there? You can't not eat the second one, because it'll
go bad if you just leave it, so you eat it too. But by that point, it's not
a snack, it's more like a meal, so you might as well open up the second
silver pack in the box. So you eat those and by that time, there's just the
one lonely pack in the box, and you don't want it to be all alone, so you go
ahead and eat it just to tidy up.".

todd