Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Small welding blanket

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:56:26 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Flash" quickly quoth:

"Ignoramus23257" wrote in message
m...
I would like to buy a small welding blanket (maybe 5x5 or so).

The purpose of it would be shielding flammable stuff from welding
spatter.

I am a little dazzled by various choices, for example on McMaster page
1788. All I want is a blanket that is easy to use and that would
fireproof my stuff.

OK, try our friends at Harbor Freight:

I'm allergic to whatever nastyass, reeking, fireproofing chemicals
they put on those flax blankets. I opened up one of the bags and
immediately couldn't breathe, dropped it, and ran to the bathroom to
wash off anything which might have gotten on my hands.

Caveat Emptor!

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.