Posted to alt.home.repair
Luke Luke is offline

Default Home electrical circuit dead

The electrical service to my house has a main panel with breaker
switches and a sub-panel in the garage with breaker switches for each
circuit in the house. One of the circuits has gone dead and I can use
some help diagnosing it before I break down and call an electrician.

The dead circuit services the bathroom (with one gfci outlet), a
bedroom and one outdoor gfci outlet.

These are the circumstances leading up to this situation:

I was using a power washer (with another gfci built-in to the plug)
plugged in to the outdoor gfci outlet to wash my rear deck. While in
the middle of this task the power washer suddenly went dead and since
that time the electrical circuit is also dead. None of the breaker
switches in the main panel nor in the sub-panel were triggered.

I have toggled the breaker switches in the main panel and the sub-
panel. I have tried to reset both gfci's, (in the bathroom and the
outdoor electrical outlet) to no avail. Neither one will reset. I
have also replaced both gfci's and then tried to reset both of them.
Again, neither one will reset.

Can anyone help me deduce what might have occurred and/or suggest how
to fix this? I am suspicious that having two gfci's on the same
circuit may have something to do with this.

TIA

Luke