Steve Turner

Default A subject that probably has been beaten to death

nospam wrote:
snip
.... And Made in the US will
figure heavily in the decision making process.

snip
... I realize it will
most likely be a Jet vs Delta debate as usual. snip

Delta it is then, unless I'm incorrect in thinking the Jet is made outside the
USA. Isn't Powermatic still made here? That's certainly a fine machine.

Unless you want to move up to a 12" or 14" as someone else suggested (and move
WAY up in price, as well) about the only other serious choice is the General
350 (provided "Made in Canada" is something you can accept). I have to admit,
with a saw of that caliber, the issue of where it's made starts to lose its
importance with me. But I hear you; damned cheap foreign labor! And we
woodworkers have to compete with it too.