Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Is anyone else getting fed up with Norm?

wrote:
Frank:

Sooo....., there may be some restrictions. But the the company (Delta) gets
pretty good exposure anyway, even with the restrictions.

Again, I am not complaining or implying anything improper. I just thinks it
smacks of the elitist, arrogant PBS culture. It just seems a little
hypocritical to me.

Hmm, well to let you know that PBS does NOT own NYW, TOH or Ask This
Old House.
Those shows are all produced by Time Warner. They are shown on PBS as
well
as DIY networks and local channels. Are they elitist?

Many seem to rail against Norm when he uses a brad nailer, that
wonderful
Timesaver belt sander, the Delta tablesaw, etc. But, few people have
them
but still watch. I'd bet more people took up or tried woodworking
because of
Norm. I haven't heard from anyone who gave it UP because of his tools!

Nevertheless, it's still frustrating when, tuning in to see how to make
something, Norm uses tools most people will never have. For example,
using a mortising tool to cut a mortise instead of showing how to make a
mortise with a drill press, hammer and sharp chisel. And I cringe at
all the times he uses a brad nailer instead of clamps to hold pieces
together while the glue dries.