Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Corian, Silestone, Granite, LG or Plywood???? :O/

On Aug 29, 9:26*am, Joe wrote:
On Aug 28, 9:10*pm, "Art" wrote:

snip
Consumer Reports says extra thick stainless steel sinks were no better than
thin ones. *However we installed a cheap thin but deep one from Lowes and
although it performed well, and was great for washing a small dog since it
was extra deep, the thinness was apparent in how much the faucet wiggled.
We never had any noise or denting problem though which is what they were
testing for.

As I was about to say, faucet movement can be stopped by stubbing
short rigid connecting copper pipes to the assembly and fixing these
firmly to a cabinet back or fabricated support. From there, the usual
flex lines can be used to the quarter turn shut off valves. Another
gambit that works (haven't tried it myself) is to make a reinforcing
plate from 1/8" brass drilled to the sink pattern. Faucet set through
the sink mount holes, brass plate under the sink, faucet nuts
tightened and you'd be good to go. HTH

Joe