Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Edge sanders and google groups search weirdness

On Aug 29, 5:39 pm, Jay Pique wrote:
On Aug 29, 3:47 pm, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:11:10 -0700, LEGEND65 wrote:
I am doing more small production runs of small dovetailed boxes,
between 6-9" length of sides and 3-5" high. Currently I do all the
sanding after assembly with a ROS (the small Festool) and then a bit
of hand sanding and with a stack of 20 boxes to go through 3 grits
it's not the least bit fun. If I could totally eliminate the ROS and
go straight to hand sanding that would be fantastic.

Oh man - I didn't read this part of your post. If you're doing even
small production runs than I would run - not walk - RUN to your
nearest dealer to get yourself an edge sander. It's a HUGE timesaver,
and the quality improves too. It's a win-win by far.

Thanks for the info, that's what I wanted to hear. I only do this
once a month usually, though I am trying to get ahead of their orders
and build up an inventory so I can just send them out immediately when
they need something, and I won't have time to make any during November-
December. So at some point I'm going to have to crank out a slew of
them which I have been dreading for months.

There's a used Grizzly on craigslist I may need to take a look at.
Looks like only the Grizzly and Jet are in my price range new.