Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Corian, Silestone, Granite, LG or Plywood???? :O/

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:42:02 -0700 (PDT), the_tool_man
wrote:

One thing I have seen is with granite, the sink is mounted under the
countertop. *Most I have seen the radius in the corner of the sink
doesn't match the radius on the corner of the cutout, making a ledge
or recess in the corners. *Is there a better way to do sinks in
granite?

Can you not use a top-mount sink?

Interestingly, the father in law put in granite all through his
kitchen and installed a top-mount stainless sink and really regrets it
after seeing how easy our cleanup is with our undermount sink (we
don't have granite though, just quartz). The undermount costs more,
but the cleanup is a lot easier, and I say this after years with a
beautiful white Kohler cast iron sink.