Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water damage, with photos.

On Aug 29, 11:25*am, PeterL wrote:
On Aug 29, 5:54*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Aug 28, 2:03*pm, PeterL wrote:

On Aug 26, 1:18*pm, Chris wrote:

PeterL wrote:
Couple of weeks ago I posted a question about possible water damage
from some deposit along the edge of the bathtub. *It's a hard deposit
which I scrapped off with a paint scrapper. *I don't know if it'll
come back.

Here are some pictures of the deposit. *What is it?

http://tinyurl.com/5s6cwr

It's water seeping from under the bathtub, IMO. Probably *a small and
not constant leak, which suggest the water is coming from a drain or a
shower pipe.

Well, people it turns out to be water damage. *Although not extensive
and easily fixed (with a rather large sum of money). *Guy is going to
come a caulk up everything.

Thanks for all your help.

it turns out to be water damage

Just curious: *What do you mean by "water damage".

The deposits, in and of itself, isn't really "damage", just the
minerals left over from the water.

When I think of water damage, I think of mushy drywall, rotted joists,
popping tiles, etc.

What exactly was the problem and was there any *real* damage?

Now, this would be water damage:

http://www.sungsblog.com/images/wate...e-ceiling.jpg-

I guess it would be minor water damage. *I was not there when the guy
came. *But according *to wifey he said we have some leakage from the
shower adjasent to the tub, and some moisture from the window.- Hide quoted text -

And it's $1000 to do what? Just caulk? I'd say you're getting
hosed.

As someone else pointed out, from what's in the pictures, you have
some crud from water accumulating, probably from the shower water
getting where it's not supposed to be. If you have actual damage to
be repaired, which would involve substantially more than removing
what's there and caulking, then $1000 sounds OK If it's just removing
crud and re-caulking, then I'd say you're getting hosed.