Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default DTV converter boxes - good, bad, ugly?

On Aug 29, 5:42*am, (Mike S.) wrote:

Analog passthru will continue to be useful past February 2009 if you have
a low power local station that is not covered by the mandated digital
switchover date.

Or repeaters. We have a cabin near Flagstaff AZ. After the switchover,
TVFool indicates that there will be 3 digital stations (we have only
been able to receive 2 reliably), and the 5 or 6 repeaters of Phoenix
stations that we currently receive will still be around. If you're in
the boonies and currently receive repeaters, after the switch, you can
either do without the digital box and still watch the repeaters, or
buy a digital box with analog passthrough and watch them all. If you
have a friend with a digital box, ask to borrow it for a day and see
if you get a reliable digital signal in your area.

Jerry