Posted to rec.woodworking
goodfella goodfella is offline

Default Converting a miter saw into a disc sander

On Aug 29, 11:01*am, mac davis wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:37:09 -0700 wrote:
Not this one. *I loaned it out and when I got it back, it wouldn't cut
straight. *I hate to throw it away because the motor is still
good. *. *I agree with the light touch on balsa. *Thanks to everyone
who responded back to me.

hmm... had a problem like that on an old Craftsman and it turned out to be a
little alignment/setup and tightening the bolt that the saw moves up and down
on..
The guy that borrowed it (for 2 years) didn't notice that the bolt was starting
to loosen and the zero clearance slot was about 3/4" wide from the play at the
pivot!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

The problem is in the pivot point. I tried to tighen it, but any
tighter and it won't move up and down.It is a Pro-Tool mitre saw and
since they are out of business, I can't get replacement parts. As a
mater of fact, I replaced it for $69 with a Ryobi. The motor is still
good and I hate to discard it.