Swingman

Default I'm suprised to see that Zinnser's Bullseye Sealcoat cleans up with ammonia.

IME, it's not so much what ammonia does to the aluminum, as what it does to
the shellac and aluminum combination. ... an immediate gum formation in the
can if I start cleaning up with ammonia after spraying with shellac. That's
why I use alcohol on the can.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/24/03

"Tom Bergman" wrote in message
I'm not sure you'd want to run ammonia through an aluminum sprayer
anyway. I would think the ammonia would blacken the ammonia
(oxidized?) since it's got a high pH. Alcohol wouldn't react with
aluminum because it's acidic.

I don't know that the black color would affect performance though.