Posted to rec.woodworking
samson samson is offline

Default Is anyone else getting fed up with Norm?

In article ,
says...

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
Haven't watched the NYWS in a while and had some free time and tuned in -
now I'm irritated again.

I just get fed up when he starts a project and then " now I'll just take
this to my dedicated molding machine" followed by " now I'll just take
this to my dedicated mortising machine", etc. If I had a dedicated molding
machine, etc I certainly wouldn't need Nahm to help me.

IMHO, if the show is aimed at home woodworkers in general, then stay with
basic tools and teach how to make things with them.

rant mode off -

Now I feel better,

I like it when he says that he needed to smooth something. So he runs it
through that enormous belt sander he has. Ya know, the one big enough to
run a table top through it.

I mean, it would be an incredible luxury to just have the space that monster
occupies, let alone the enormous sander.

When he made a blanket chest, he used a belt sander
to flush the dovetail joints. I can't fault his results,
but his method was an eyebrow raiser.

S.