Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling

If it is the cold control, they are not too dificult for me to replace. But,
then, I've got family who can fix anything, and I've employed by a couple
guys who had jobs for me that required a lot of repairs and electrical.

HD has an appliance parts hotline. I've never called them, as I get mine
wholesale from a bigger parts house.

Is it a H.O. job? I dunno. It is, if you're mechanically and electrically
minded.

Just be sure it's really the cold control that's the problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25TEXHW00) that seems to have an
issue with maintaining a cool temperature. I can turn the dial on the
inside all the way to off and set it to a 3-4 value again and then the
motor kicks in and the fridge gets cold in a little while. When it
is cooling, it does not seem to have issues getting to a cold
temperature. The motor does kick on and off from time to time like it
should once it is cold, but at some point the motor turns off and does
not kick in again resulting in the inside gaining temperature again.

Is this something that can be fixed/replaced fairly easily? Also, are
the parts available in a Home Depot/Lowe's kind of store or do you
need to go to a dealer of some sort.

Any help is appreciated.