Posted to alt.home.repair
Mash Mash is offline

Default Running wire in finished ceiling on main floor

I'd honestly recommend stripping the popcorn off the ceiling, THEN do
your work, and plan on skimming/priming painting the whole ceiling
when you're done. *IMHO popcorn isn't all that attractive, either, but
if you like it I can actually recommend a guy to patch it for you
(assuming you're near DC)

I don't like the popcorn ceiling at all. We were planning on stripping
it off but we've got so much other stuff to do. I haven't yet
installed the ceiling lights/fans. I'll post here when I do.