Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is anyone else getting fed up with Norm?

"Lee Michaels" wrote:

I like it when he says that he needed to smooth something. So he
runs it through that enormous belt sander he has. Ya know, the one
big enough to run a table top through it.

I mean, it would be an incredible luxury to just have the space that
monster occupies, let alone the enormous sander.

Very straight forward, use the services of a local drum sander.

The guy I ue has a 48" wide, 75HP, 3-grit machine complete with a 20HP
bag house dust collector.

You get a lot of sanding done for $25.(About 20 minutes)

I blank out all my tops with 7/8" stock then sand to 3.4" after
glue-up.

Keeps life simple that way.

Lew