Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] papadoo1@gmail.com is offline

Default Plans or pictures of a Stock Cart

On Aug 23, 2:12*pm, tom wrote:
On Aug 22, 3:43 pm, "dabears525" wrote:

I was not trying to start a ****ing contest!
I read this group every day and get great ideas or tips from many of the
good contributors. *To bad they didn't show up today.
Buying the plan was not the issue. *Many times Norm's or anyone else's shop
tools or jigs have been improved upon by many
of you. *I was just seeking your advise for a "better mousetrap".
I thought that's what this group did was share ideas or show off completed
projects.

To all of you with the money/plans issues, you call yourselves woodworkers?
You have been inhaling too much sawdust.
Anyone can snipe from the outside but it takes a craftsperson to share their
experience or help someone.
Thanks to the two who did give a decent reply.

wrote in message

On Aug 21, 10:54 pm, "dabears525" wrote:
Any one have any good plans to share for a stock cart similar to the one
Norm built on episode # 0603?
Would you make the shelves adjustable or in a fixed position?

You really don't need plans for something like this. *I used fixed
shelves, you want it to be solid. *My philosophy with things for the
shop is scraps and pocket screws first, ask questions later. *I made
mine with shelves sized 24"x16" which allowed me to get 3 shelves out
of one piece of 2'x4' melamine, I have a 4th shelf at the bottom from
scrap ply. *I have about 11" from the top of a shelf to the bottom of
the rail above it. *The size works for me, small enough to get
anywhere in my shop. *I like the melamine because I do small glue-ups
on it, the glue pops off the melamine easily.

Although I'm not known for decent replies, check out the pictures of
my sheetgoods and cutoffs cart athttp://tomeshew.spaces.live.com/
They're in the workshop album. It's kinda like the carts at the borg,
where the center casters are a little proud of the plane that the end
casters describe, so it can pivot around pretty tightly. *G'luck. Tom

Tom:
Nice shop. . .thanks for sharing.
Smitty